How to Choose The Best Skid Steer Stump Bucket Attachment?
Having a skid steer stump bucket attachment comes in handy, especially if you're a farmer, forestry professional, or someone who enjoys landscaping and gardening. Getting this is an investment that cuts the labor costs of a professional contractor every time you need to take off those stubborn stumps or rocks in your job site. With the help of this attachment, a job that would usually take several hours can now be completed within a few minutes.
Skid Steer Stump Bucket
Stump Bucket by Blue Diamond
Skid Steer Stump Bucket with Grapple
Stump Bucket With Grapple by McLaren Industries
Mini Skid Steer Stump Bucket
Mini Skid Steer Stump Bucket by Blue Diamond
But like most attachments in the market, each one is different. Each manufacturer produces with varying capacities and specifications. It's how you determine which skid steer stump bucket attachment will fit your skid steer.
In this blog, I will be sharing with you an overview of two of the best Skid Steer Stump Bucket Attachments in the market today.
A forestry professional is used to dealing with large trees – and large stumps, while a farmer or gardener will be using it for small stumps that have to be taken out from time to time. There are several different stump removal buckets available for different needs. To maintain peak efficiency and safety, make sure that you match the right skid steer to your stump bucket attachment.
Stump Bucket | Blue Diamond
This newly improved Stump Bucket from Blue Diamond is absolutely the heaviest duty stump bucket in the industry. Using 4 inches square tubing, a formed bottom versus welded, and the popular ESCO super V teeth, this strong bucket holds a 0% breakage rate.
Top 4 Reasons Why You Should Consider this Stump Bucket from Blue Diamond.
- First is the curved bottom, creating a fulcrum point that lets you use the weight of your machine instead of relying entirely on lift capacity. Using this crowbar effect, you can considerably increase what you can break out of the ground!
- Secondly is the length; this stump bucket is one of the longest stump buckets on the market, creating extra leverage. The size also allows greater reach, which is necessary to go to the center of large stumps or dig ditches.
- Thirdly, is the narrow floor on the bucket. Other stump buckets have a floor that broadens as it goes back, forming a wedge effect. This tends to make the bucket challenging to penetrate deep into the ground. The bucket only widens by 2" front to back and has achieved a wider top by leaning the sides outward. This has created a bucket that infiltrates even tough ground with ease.
- Fourth, it comes with backward-curved teeth cut in the side for pulling out roots, ½" steel construction double layered in areas, 1" x 8" cutting edge for strength, and a gusseted quick attach.
Another Skid Steer Stump Bucket attachment is from McLaren Industries.
Heavy-Duty Stump Bucket | McLaren Industries
This Heavy-Duty Stump Bucket from McLaren Industries is the Widest Stump Bucket on the Market.
Top 4 Reasons Why McLaren's Heavy-Duty Stump is a Good Buy.
- This extra-wide stump bucket lets you cradle large stumps and debris without having a hydraulic grapple.
- The bucket is designed with extra heavy steel to clear trees up to 6" in diameter instantly.
- This bucket is built for the most dominant of skid steers and attaches effortlessly. Maximum strength allows you to move the heaviest and irregularly shaped loads.
- Hydraulic Grapple Bucket that increases the versatility of the attachment. Not only can you dig stumps, but use them for demolition, storm clean-up, loading logs and scrap, and picking up rocks.
How you use the attachment will depend on your industry. Not all stump buckets are the same. You should consider the advised usage for each tool which should be on the manual. If this is observed, it will ensure a smooth operation. But you will never go wrong if you buy from the trusted American manufacturers Blue Diamond and McLaren Industries.
If you're looking to buy a Stump Bucket attachment for your skid steer, contact us today!
Leave a comment (all fields required)