Getting A Backhoe Attachment
If you have been looking for a blog to help you decide which Skid Steer Backhoe Attachment to get, I might be able to help you with it. This article is beneficial for everyone looking to purchase a backhoe attachment that satisfies your budget and the features you're looking for.
Attachments are investments, so they must last for a long time. While it may seem like any backhoe attachment will be alright for your skid steer, that may not be entirely true. Most models work well when it comes to digging and trenching, so it boils down to the capacity that sets each manufacturer apart.
Backhoes can complete a range of tasks, which generally involve digging and trenching. However, each manufacturer offers different designs and features which must be considered. Potential buyers must also think about how to use the backhoe, whether it is for a big or small job, and identify the specification or capability of the backhoe you need. It is essential to know the power of the backhoe you need to avoid problems. Using the attachment beyond its capacities will result in drastic underperformance by the machine and a dangerous work environment.
Best Backhoe for Skid Steer
Backhoe Attachment by Blue Diamond
Best Backhoe for Mini Skid Steer
Mini Backhoe Attachment by Blue Diamond
This Skid Steer Backhoe Attachment from Blue Diamond is the perfect attachment for any skid steer. It makes digging trenches and holes fast and effortless. It comes with the largest cylinder in the market, and a large capacity bucket makes it stand out as the top backhoe attachment today. The bucket arm can extend up to a maximum of 8 feet and can quickly dig to depths of 6 feet. This heavy-duty attachment will surprise anyone with its overall durability and ease of use. This skid steer backhoe attachment has bucket options ranging in sizes between 8" to 30", all of them with removable cast teeth. Again, this attachment has no specific machine requirements to fit any skid steer.
- 3 1/2" bore 20" stroke cylinder
- With linkage between bucket and cylinder
- Flat face coupler are included
- Bucket size available in 9", 12", 18", 24"
- Large capacity Bucket
- Heavy-Duty cast replaceable teeth
- Convenient grease fitting on all pivot points
- Quick off and on machin
- Easy to operate even for beginners
- Requires no electrical hookups
- No specific machine requirements
For those who don't know yet, Blue Diamond® Attachments is an American brand that has been a trusted and reliable company since 1995. For almost three decades now, Blue Diamond® has become a widely recognized name in the global attachments industry.
However, if you have a Mini Skid Steer, the same reputable company offers a Mini Skid Steer Backhoe Attachment. This Blue Diamond mini backhoe will take a variety of tasks. Designed for heavy use and engineered to outshine all backhoes in its class, this mini skid steer backhoe attachment won't turn you down.
- It comes in two lengths, 42″ and 48" available.
- Buckets are available at 8″, 10″ and 12″
- With pivot linkage increasing bucket rotation and breakout force
To make sure your backhoe attachment will have a long service life, observe proper servicing and maintenance recommendations. Backhoes can be particularly difficult to maintain as they are big, so it's best to engage the help of an expert to give you a hand. Or review the user manual for tips.
- Lubricate all the pivot points on the swing, dipper, boom, and bucket.
- Check to ensure pins are secured with a snap or bolt.
- Inspect hydraulic cylinders for leakage around valves, hoses, and the filling tube opening.
- Ensure the hose routing isn't pinched or rubbed on the backhoe during transport.
- Clear dirt from the stabilizer arms and cylinders.
- Ensure there are no rocks pressed in any of the pivot points.
- Check the mountain system to make sure there are no loose bolts or nuts.
- Check the bucket teeth for wear and tear. Replace and tighten when needed.
- Run a general check over the entire attachment to ensure it's in good overall condition.
If you have any questions about the different Backhoe Attachments, please call 866-990-7543. Want to check out our collection of skid steer backhoe attachments? Click here!